1000 characters left
1000 characters left

                Red Rock Ranch Homeowners Association Monthly Meeting

                                                    11 December 2017



Presiding: Beth Lonnquist

Present: Jim Bergeron, Beth Lonnquist, Frank Chuba, Kevin Guy (via telephone hookup), Bill Griffith

Guests: Dave Betzler, Travis Hall

Meeting called to order at 1900.

The minutes of the 13 November 2017 meeting were read and were unanimously accepted following a motion by Bill Griffith and a second by Jim Zalmanek.

Treasurer’s Report: The bank balance is $11,076.24. Interest to date: $5.04. Expenses are $1,930.00 for insurance and $519.00 in legal fees. Deposits include $150.00 from contributions and $510.00 in Architectural Control fees. The Post Office box fee of $50.00 has been paid. Treasurer’s Report accepted after a motion by Jim Zalmanek and a second by Frank Chuba.

Architectural Control: Travis Hall presented plans for a house to be built on a 2 ½ acre lot at 18335 Pixie Park Road. All set backs are in order, the exterior of the 4856 square foot home will be stucco with stone and some wood trim – all in earth tone colors. The roof will have long life fire resistant shingles. There is no building permit yet from El Paso County and Mr. Hall wanted to make certain that the plans meet approval from the Board before proceeding any further. He is currently in the process of making the property fire safe by removing most of the scrub oak.

Firewise: David Betzler briefed the Board on the Firewise Program. He and his wife Barbara, plus Tom and Paula Kelly, and Paul and Rosalia McKean compromise the Firewise Committee and will continue working as a committee along with David Phetaplace who may join them. David made it clear that the Committee plans on working with the HOA to mitigate fire danger on the Ranch. He also wrote the grant for Red Rock Ranch HOA to help with funding to clear roads for safe evacuation of the Ranch. The grant was submitted to Colorado State Fire Service, with approval to be granted in the future.

Coalition for the Upper South Platte (CUSP) read the grant through David Root of the Colorado State Service and CUSP decided to fund the grant.

The next step is to become a Firewise Community and David Betzler is 70% of the way through writing that document. Once it is approved by the HOA, Fire Department, El Paso County Sheriff and Department of Emergency Preparedness, paperwork will be submitted to the state Firewise committee for consideration.

New Business: A motion was made by Jim Zalmanek to donate $200 to Tri Lakes Cares for the use of the conference room where HOA meetings are held. Frank Chuba seconded the motion and the Board agreed to support the motion.

Kevin Guy spoke via telephone about his research into ways of helping with the Treasurer’s organizational programs, but Treasurer Bill Griffith stated that he is comfortable using a spread sheet, especially since there is no cost involved. The treasurer stated that he will work on a budget for the upcoming year.

The tennis court still needs estimates for repairs, but that may be put on the back burner with possible expenditures for attorney fees.

A resident noticed the fences at Nevins Park need repairs. Jim Bergeron stated that he did repair one section and will look over the remaining portions and repair as needed.

A message was received about a property at 4620 Sandstone that is allegedly in a state of disrepair with a chicken coop, a tent and a camper trailer that appears to have someone living in it. President Lonnquist and Kevin Guy will make a courtesy visit to the owners.

Kevin Guy talked via telephone about the web site and said it needs to be updated and gave an estimate on the number of hours needed and an approximate cost of $2,000 to update it. Kevin did say he would work on the update to save money for the HOA. He also asked if the Board would have objections to using g mail for Board use. No one objected. He also stated that minutes from the June-October time frame have been posted.


Old Business: At 2015 the Board went into Executive Session so the regular business meeting was temporarily suspended on a motion by Jim Zalmanek and a second by Frank Chuba.

At 2045, the Executive Session ended and the regular business meeting continued.

It was agreed to notify residents of actions taken by the Board with regards to the Spruce Road nuisance business issue in a January newsletter and possible consequences in the future. The covenants are clear and it is the duty of the Board to enforce the covenants. This is a document that all homeowners agreed to when they purchased their lot in this Red Rock HOA.

09 April 2018 is planned for the annual member meeting with a Firewise presentation.

With no further business to discuss the meeting was unanimously adjourned at 2100 on a motion by Frank Chuba and a second by Bill Griffith.

The next regularly scheduled meeting will be at 1900 on Monday, 08 January 2018 at the Tri Lakes Cares building, 235 Jefferson Street, Monument, Colorado.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Bergeron

Secretary/Recorder, RRRHOA