RRR - Water Shutoff Alert
Red Rock Ranch Water: Forest View Acres will shut off water Dec 11 and has a boil advisory for Dec 11-13, or when the all clear notice comes out. They are creating more water access for new homes on the Ranch.
Here is their notice:
NOTICE: Temporary Water Shutoff December 11 at 9AM for all properties within the District to the EAST OF SPRUCE ROAD. To get more details please click the Water Shut-Off Notice. To see a map of the affected area please click the Water Shut-Off Map. Affected properties are in blue. Please also see the Drinking Water Advisory.
The areas in blue are Spruce Rd (both sides), Stone View and Forest View Rd north of Sandstone Dr. and the entire lower ranch (El Rancho, Sierra Vista, Mesa Verde, Range View and Vista View)
Your ice maker (Bag up ice Dec. 10... shut off your ice maker or throw out ice thru the 13th. or when the all clear notice comes out.)
Brushing your teeth with saved Dec. 10th water or boiled water.
You can go to Forest View Acres Water district website for more information: www.colorado.gov/fvawd.
Our cool nights are a reminder winter is here!
Picnic: We had a great turn out at our picnic this year, over 50 people! Tri Lakes Fire Department Battalion Chief Jamie Bumgarner was our presenter. He talked about the importance of signing up for Reverse 911 calls, having a go bag ready, and knowing all the exits from Red Rock Ranch in any directions. “Ready, Set, Go” was discussed.
- Be Ready: Create and maintain defensible space and harden your home against flying embers.
- Get Set: Prepare your family and home ahead of time for the possibility of having to evacuate.
- Be Ready to GO!: Take the evacuation steps necessary to give your family and home the best chance of surviving a wildfire.
Board: We have a full Board of Directors, thank you goes out to those who are volunteering and those who have volunteered in the past. What makes this a great place to live in? Great neighbors.
FireWise is going strong with the last date was October 12. This is a “neighbor helping neighbor” project created to help reduce fire fuels in our neighborhood. If you want to help this year or next, please email the board and we will get you to the right person!
Bears/Deer: This has been quite the bear year by the photos posed on Next Door. I do not remember ever having so many bear in the area all summer long. Please put away any source of food at night... humming bird feeders, bird seed, garbage cans, etc. Bears will be looking to store up for the winter before they hibernate. (PS. deer do not digest bird seed, it can be toxic for them) There are bears in some parts of the US that do not hibernate due to access to food from humans... We can make a difference.
Chickens: We have some HOA members interested in having Chickens. By their own admission they did not realize they could not have chickens they are not allowed. There is a process to amend the covenants, which starts with a petition. There will be a couple of people going around asking for signatures. If you are interested in signing that petition for Chickens, then you can also contact the board.
If you have any comments you would like to add about chickens, please contact the board.
Hunker down and stay warm!
Hot Fun in the Summertime!
Hot Fun in the Summertime!
August Picnic is August 17 from 12-2. The HOA will provide the main dish and everyone can bring a Pot Luck Dish. We will be discussing Firewise and other issues in the HOA.
We have lots of plans this summer starting to repair the Tennis court and Firewise!
Firewise: Red Rock Ranch HOA is one of the 7 neighborhoods selected in the United States to participate in the National Fire Protection Agency’s (NFPA) pilot program for Fire mitigation. We are in the lead as to how to contact neighbors, make them aware of their responsibilities in a Wildland Urban Interface (WUI). We have selected the south west side as our starting area. This area has been selected with the help of the Tri Lakes Fire Department Fire Marshal and Colorado State Forest Service. This has allowed us to receive more grant funding to help this HOA have these Firewise chipping days.
Firewise chipping days coming are July 27, August 24, September 21 and October 12. Please contact the Firewise committee to sign up for chipping or volunteering. The committee meets once a month. These are your neighbors helping neighbors to reduce fire fuels in the area for everyone! What a great way to meet neighbors!
2019 Spring Clean-up!
2019 Spring Clean-up!
June 7 (Friday), June 8(Saturday) from 9-4, & June 9(Sunday) from 10AM to 1PM, we will have dumpsters available for larger items. Dues of $75 will need to be paid to access this amenity. No slash or yard debris. Please contact RRR Firewise for branches and chipping dates, slash will have to be picked up by your local trash provider.
We are having issues with illegal off hours dumping. If this continues we may to to cease with the event as we cannot control the items in the dumpsters and the waste companies may stop providing dumpsters. PLEASE DO NOT DUMP WHEN SITE IS CLOSED OR UNATTENDED. IF no-one is there the site is closed. This is also indicated by the yellow no trespassing tape around the site.
We ask you to follow these rules.
- We cannot accept anything of a hazmat or restricted nature. No electronics/gas/oil/paints/… This includes that oil and gas must be drained from lawn-mowers and other power tools.
- Enter and exit the event from the HOA drive on Sunburst. The property to the south of the tennis court is private property and we must respect the owners.
- If the event is closed DO NOT ENTER. Contact a board member to see if any off hours dumping can be accommodated.
- We must close the dumpster for additional items when it reaches the top due to provider rules. Help us out on this by compressing, breaking down and cutting up odd shaped items.
- Check the website for live updates regarding closures or postponements due to weather or other reasons.
- Event volunteers can help with light unloading but may not be able to assist with heavier items.
- Please do not arrive early. There is plenty of time to handle everyone. Even if we are there early we are preparing for the day and cannot take you in.
- Please help us reduce expenses by cutting or collapsing large items to a smaller pile.
Your Community Needs You
There are 2 opportunities for you to get involved in your community. RRRHOA has a Board positions available. Please email the Board President through this web site. Go to the Board of Directors tab, scroll down to Contact Board President.
Forest View Acres has a board position available. If interested more info is on the FVAWD website: www.colorado.gov/fvawd